2020 Practice Guidelines and Protocols
Please Read Carefully
UpdatedWednesday July 29, 2020 byKen Alberti.
2020 Practice Guidelines and Protocols
(subject to change at any time)
Coronavirus COVID-19 Risk Warning
- It is suggested that seniors or others with compromised immune systems not participate in or attend this event due to risk of infection.
- Do not enter the practice or game facility if you are exhibiting any signs of illness such as sneezing, coughing, sniffles, have fever, or don’t feel well.
- Do not enter if you have recently tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been cleared or if you have had close contact with someone who has.
- If you are repeatedly sneezing or coughing, you may be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- All players, coaches, and spectators should practice responsible social distancing by remaining at least 6 ft. apart whenever possible.
- All players, coaches, and spectators should wear face coverings whenever applicable.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon entrance, during the event, before and after you eat, and as you leave. Hand washing and hand sanitizer stations are provided.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose, and mouth.
GYFC Practice Procedures and Protocols
- Parents must conduct pre-practice observation and screening of their child/children for the existence of any COVID-19 symptoms including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or known close contact with person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
- We MUST keep teams separate from each other when at Long Hill Field. It will be important to not have players and coaches from other teams mixing with each other before, during or after practices. Stay within your designated field area for the duration of your practice time.
- In an effort to minimize cross-team contact, we will stagger start times in 15-minute intervals to allow for less interaction between teams during player drop-off and pick-up.
- Players should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled start time and should proceed directly to their designated field area. Players should depart the field immediately after their practice ends. No hanging around the field before or after practice.
- Coaches are required to wear face covering whenever within 6 ft. of another player, coach, or parent.
- Players must bring their own water supply and clearly mark it with their name. There is NO sharing of water or other drinks, snacks, equipment, etc.
- At no time should players on different teams congregate together. Please encourage your child to continue social distancing from their teammates and coaches when possible.
- Parents are NOT allowed on the field during practice time. They can either drop-off and go or remain in their vehicles and outside of the wooden rail fence surrounding the fields. We will implement a drop-off protocol so players are not entering the field from all points of the parking lot and possible walking through other designated team areas.
- Players (and parents) are NOT allowed in the equipment shed. We cannot have players retrieving or returning equipment from the shed. ONLY coaches are allowed in the shed to pick up and return equipment. ALL bags will be cleaned by coaches at the end of each practice and.
Practice Drop-Off Procedure: Parents should refer to the image below for drop-off protocol. Players and coaches should enter and exit the field in the area marked with the blue X. Only players and coaches are allowed on the field (inside the wooden rail fence). Please park only in the areas marked with yellow lines. The area marked with black lines should be kept clear of parked vehicles to allow for safe player drop-offs. NO PARKING in the areas marked with black lines.
Duty to Disclose, Quarantine, and Return to Activity: If a coach or player has tested positive for COVID-19, exhibits symptoms but has not been tested, or has had close contact, such coach or parent/guardian on behalf of player must immediately disclose this information to the GYFC COVID-19 Coordinator (Ken Alberti, email@example.com) and must remain in quarantine until meeting state or CDC Criteria For Discontinuing Home Isolation. Return to activity should be cleared by the COVID-19 Coordinator who may require written clearance from a health care professional.