GYFC Game Day Protocols
Read Guidelines for Home Games
UpdatedSunday September 27, 2020 byKen Alberti.
2020 Gameday Guidelines and Protocols
(subject to change at any time)
Field Location: Guilford High School, 605 New England Road, Guilford, CT 06437
Coronavirus COVID-19 Risk Warning
- It is suggested that seniors or others with compromised immune systems not participate in or attend this event due to risk of infection.
- Do not enter the practice or game facility if you are exhibiting any signs of illness such as sneezing, coughing, sniffles, have fever, or don’t feel well.
- Do not enter if you have recently tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been cleared or if you have had close contact with someone who has.
- If you are repeatedly sneezing or coughing, you may be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- All players, coaches, and spectators should practice responsible social distancing by remaining at least 6 ft. apart whenever possible.
- All players, coaches, and spectators should wear face coverings whenever applicable.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon entrance, during the event, before and after you eat, and as you leave. Hand washing and hand sanitizer stations are provided.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose, and mouth.
GYFC Gameday Procedures and Protocols
Parents must conduct pre-game observation and screening of their child/children prior to arriving at the field for the existence of any COVID-19 symptoms including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or known close contact with person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
Pre-Game Screening and Book Checks
COVID-19 Coordinator/Field Commissioner will be available at the designated area to conduct screening, including temperature check and team book checks.
- Screenings will begin 90 minutes before scheduled game time and end 30 minutes prior to the start of the game.
- All coaches and players MUST be screened prior to entering team warmup and game areas.
- Coaches listed in team books will be provided with a name badge AFTER they clear screening process. No Badge = No Field Access
- COVID-19 Coordinator/Field Commissioner will conduct all screenings. One staff member from each team is allowed to monitor screenings. If a Player/Staff has a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit they must return to vehicle. One retest will be allowed within 15 minutes. If a second test has a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees the player/staff member must leave the facility. Late players/coaches that miss designated check-in/screenings will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Field Access and Team Warm Up Areas
Refer to map and notes below for designated screening area, team warm locations and game field enter/exit protocol
- Screening area is designated by the red circle in the image below. Upon arrival and parking, ALL players and coaches should walk to the screening area to be screened. Once cleared, players and coaches should proceed to their designated warm up area.
- Warm up locations for home and visiting teams are cleared marked on the image below. ONLY rostered, players and coaches are allowed in the team warm up area.
- Both teams will enter and exit the field at the entrance near the scoreboard and flag pole as highlighted in the image below.
- ONLY rostered players, coaches and assigned chain crew members are allowed within the fence surrounding the game field (includes track and field area).
- Chain crew will be provided by home team and must remain on home side of field. Chains must be sanitized before each game. Chain crew must wear masks at all times.
- Coaches are required to wear face covering whenever within 6 ft. of another player, coach, referee or chain crew member.
- Players must bring their own water supply and clearly mark it with their name. There is NO sharing of water or other drinks, snacks, equipment, etc.
- Team parents are NOT allowed to access the sideline before/during/after the game.
Press Box Access
- The following adults are the ONLY people allowed in the press box during games.
- Official Clock Operator (1) – Third floor, main room
- PA Announcer (1) – Third floor, main room
- Guilford Video Volunteer (1) – Third Floor, side room with door closed
- Visiting Team Video Volunteer (1) – Second floor
- Press box volunteers MUST clear screening protocol PRIOR to entering the press box.
- The press box can be accessed without entering the game field area. Proceed past the scoreboard and follow the path outside the fence to the press box.
Bathroom and Concession
- Bathrooms are available in the field house adjacent to the game field (see map below).
- Concessions will NOT be available before, during or after games.
- All spectators should observe social distance guidelines and maintain 6ft distance from other spectators before, during and after the game.
- All spectators should wear masks when entering/exiting the facility and whenever within 6 ft. of another spectator.
- Spectators are NOT allowed inside the fence surrounding the track and game field.
Additional Team/Game Protocols
- Keep games moving as fast as possible to avoid multiple teams on the field at once.
- Two teams allowed on the game field at a time. ONLY the two teams playing the game should be within the fence surrounding the game field.
- Teams MUST exit the playing field immediately at the end of each game. NO hand shake lines. NO post-game team meetings on the game field. There is ample grass space outside of the game field and track area to meet with your team after the game.
- Teams CANNOT enter the game field until after the teams from the previous game exits the field
- 5-minute halftime. No visitor cheerleaders.
- Balls must be sanitized at change of possession.
- Benches must be sanitized before every game.
- No opposing team play count monitors allowed.
Guilford High School Fields and Parking Map
- Park ONLY in marked parking spaces. DO NOT park in roadways, turnaround circles or any unmarked space at the Guilford High School facility.